See What You Love, Love What You See
OptiLight by Lumenis
New technology to treat the root cause of Dry Eye Syndrome!
What Is OptiLight by Lumenis?
OptiLight by Lumenis is a safe, gentle, and effective treatment done to manage dry eye disease. This non-invasive procedure is the first and only FDA-approved intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment for dry eye management. OptiLight uses pulses of light precisely administered in the area below the eyes to reduce dry eye symptoms.
What to Expect
This 10-15 minute procedure can relieve dry eye symptoms by:
● Increasing tear break-up time
● Reducing the amount of demodex mites and bacteria around your eyes
● Decreasing inflammation
● Improving meibomian gland functionality
If your eye doctor has recommended the OptiLight treatment, they will go over everything you can expect before, during, and after your appointment.
Preparing for Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment you should avoid:
● Using skin brightening agents or serums for the week before your appointment
● Using tanning beds 1 month prior to your appointment
● Getting botox for at least 3 months before your appointment
● Taking oral isotretinoin, tetracycline, or doxycycline in the 3 months prior to your appointment
The OptiLight Treatment
This treatment is fast and simple, taking only 10–15 minutes. During your treatment your doctor will apply a cool gel on the treatment area and cover your eyes with shields to protect them. As light is applied to the skin, you may experience a warm or a tapping sensation, but you shouldn’t feel any pain.
While side effects are uncommon, your eyes may feel slightly more dry or gritty for the day following your procedure. If you do experience dry eyes, you can use preservative-free artificial tears. Following your treatment, your skin will be sensitive, so we recommend avoiding sun exposure and wearing sunscreen.
Am I a Good Candidate for OptiLight by Lumenis?
How do you know if OptiLight is the right treatment for you? During an eye exam, your doctor can determine whether or not it is the right option for you. In general, OptiLight isn’t recommended for patients who:
● Are taking certain medications, like Accutane
● Have active acne
● Suffer from certain skin disorders
● Are susceptible to keloid scarring
● Have severe scarring
● Have severely sunburned recently
Find Relief Today
You don’t have to live with the uncomfortable symptoms of dry eye disease. With OptiLight by Lumenis, your symptoms can be managed effectively and efficiently, restoring your quality of life. Our team is always here to help you find relief from dry eyes.
Book an appointment today to see how OptiLight by Lumenis can help you! Click Here